How Cavalry works
Get started with Cavalry
The problems we're trying to solve:
- To make it easier to connect companies to suitable Freelancers who are available during the project period.
- To make the entire process of finding, booking, invoicing and communicating easier and more efficient for Freelancers and Companies.
- To make it easier for Companies and Freelancers to build longer term relationships.
- To provide a cheaper, more effective alternative to the current paid model of finding Freelancers
What Cavalry is:
- Cavalry is a freelance marketplace for the creative and digital industry that recommends Freelancers to projects based on their suitability and availability.
- Cavalry is all-in-one system to support all stages of the freelance engagement for a Company and Freelancer. This includes:
- Gigs - Project information can be created, edited and shared easily.
- Search - Our algorithm finds the most suitable and available Freelancers.
- Gig Posts - the fast way for companies to reach freelancers in a specific discipline
- Workflow - Our booking workflow makes it effortless to search, shortlist, contact and book Freelancers.
- Message - Our message service creates a seamless way to communicate across the lifespan of the project.
- Invoicing - Companies can choose from 3 of our different payment models
- Calendar - Freelancers can manage a Calendar of their availability that then feeds into our search algorithm and Roster features.
- Roster - Companies can create a Roster of their favourite freelancers. Once in a Roster a freelancer's availability can be monitored and they can be booked directly from the Roster
How Cavalry works:
- Gig, search and invite - Companies create Gigs and either search for Freelancers or Post a gig. They shortlist freelancers and invite up to 5 to discuss the Gig.
- Review Gig and supply rates - The Freelancer is alerted about the Gig, reviews the detail and confirms their rate.
- Interview - Just like any other interview process, the Freelancer and the Company meet, talk and share portfolios.
- Booking - The Company requests to book and the Freelancer accepts or declines.
- Invoice - Companies can choose from 3 of our different payment models
- Manage Invoice Status - When the company pays, they change the status to "Paid". When a Freelancer receives the payment, they change the status to "Payment confirmed".
- Cavalry Fees - We charge a standard 15% commission fee to the company on the days worked by the Freelancer. The fee may vary depending on promotions or specific discount deals negotiated companies.